Tuesday, August 10, 2010

San Diego Comic-Con 2010

It's been a couple of weeks since the con ended, but I'm still in a bit of shock after experiencing not only my first con, but one as great as SDCC was. Not only did I get to meet some of my favorite people, but the wonder that is the show floor really is where I spent most of my time. It was pure sensation overload at all times and I loved every second of it. Random celebrity sightings, extravagant cosplayers, exclusive video game demos, and LOADS of toys for sale.. Yeah, it pretty much was pure nerd bliss.

A few top moments were meeting Cassandra Peterson (Elvira!), Olivia De Berardinis (one of my favorite pin-up painters), getting to play some early versions of yet-to-be-released games (Tera Online, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Little Big Planet 2), and listening to talks given by great game designers and artists for upcoming games.

I avoided most, if not all movie/tv oriented panels to go to any videogame chats I could. I sat in to listen to David Jaffe and the Twisted Metal team, which because of some tech difficulties, ended up being part design meeting!! Sweet! ArenaNet's panel talked about their upcoming MMO, Guild Wars 2. This chat mainly touched on some of the transitions for the world of Kryta from GW1 to GW2, some of their new design and gameplay goals, as well as new artistic endeavors.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone to go at least once, it's worth every penny! Anyway, check out the pics and cya next post!

SDCC picture gallery!

No comments: